It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. 'We're closed forever': Two Houston sports bars suddenly shutter. At one time, Champps in Uptown Park was a popular happy hour spot. But no more.
2. Heights brewery makes a strong first impression with easy-drinking beers and a quirky sense of humor. Located in a 20,000-square foot warehouse in the Heights previously occupied by Jake’s Fine Foods, newly opened Eureka Heights is already drawing packed houses to its Saturday tap room sessions.
3. Here's the annual salary required to buy a median-priced home in Houston. So what kind of salary do you need to afford a median-priced home in Houston? More than last year, it turns out.
4. Secrets of the TABC Report: Steak 48 sizzles in liquor sales; patios and nightclubs make a comeback. A look a figures compiled by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission yields a lot of interesting information.
5. Houston-born filmmaker spotlights Texas City disaster with message of survival. Jay Thames is set to tell the enthralling story of a horrific explosion that occurred on April 16, 1947.