Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. One of Midtown's favorite party spots has closed, but a replacement is coming. Although one of the neighborhood's most popular bars is closing, another is already planned for the Midtown destination.
2. Another big year for Houston in James Beard Awards: Semifinalists for the restaurant Oscars are . . . The James Beard Foundation has revealed the semifinalists for its 2016 Awards and Houston's restaurants are represented as never before.
3. Doors open for lunch at President George H.W. Bush's former home. After 30 years, one of Houston's most exclusive dining destinations is now open to the public.
4. Where the New York Times thinks visitors should spend time in Houston. Find out where New York Times writer Andrew Ferren's recommends how to spend 36 hours in Houston.
5. Fixer Upper couple opens cutest B&B in Texas — and demand is nuts. Get the inside scoop on the new bed-and-breakfast in Magnolia from HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines.