this week's hot headlines
Altuve's, Bregman's, and Verlander's comforting message leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Astros Big 3 José Altuve, Alex Bregman, and Justin Verlander remind Houston they still have the swag. CultureMap editor Steven Devadanam noticed a trend after speaking to the Big 3 right after Game 7.
2. Galveston's new boutique hotel opens soon with midcentury chic, rooftop bar, and fancy-ish dining. “We want it to feel like an elevated house party that your weird aunt is throwing."
3. Top moments from Austin's F1 weekend: Patrick Dempsey, post-race shocks, and more. Loyal fans know there's nothing like being at the track and watching the experience in person.
4. Cool Austin oyster bar opens in Montrose with see-be-seen patio, IG-ready aquarium, and more. The restaurant is known for serving classic American seafood with a design inspired by New England.
5. Luxurious Dallas restaurant set to take Post Oak complex on cosmopolitan Mexican journey. The fine dining restaurant serves Northern Mexico-inspired dishes paired with an extensive selection of agave spirits..