This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Near nude photo of Kliff Kingsbury goes international, completely buries Texas Tech's silly watch "controversy." A Grantland article on Texas Tech football coach and "sex symbol" Kliff Kingsbury linked to CultureMap's coverage of a viral photo depicting him shirtless, spurring the year-old story to the top spot this week. It's still a good read.
2. More Houston Restaurant Weeks drama: Celebrity chef never made 2013 donation, officials say. One of the city's most notable chefs is making headlines for failing to keep a donation promise to the Houston Food Bank as part of Houston Restaurant Weeks.
3. Hot new restaurant from former Underbelly chef launches soft opening with fun menu. This hotly-anticipated restaurant addition to The Heights is serving up Southern comfort food with a whimsical twist.
4. Big changes for iconic Houston concert venue — beer garden, more parking and better bathrooms! Legendary live music venue Fitzgerald's is changing hands with the promise of major improvements to the nearly 100-year-old building.
5. New York City-based Halal food chain picks prime spot for first Houston location. A popular NYC restaurant is breaking into the local market with an upcoming Inner Loop location.
6. Houston's hottest new happy hours for cheap drinks and delectable eats. Give your wallet a break and check out CultureMap's top picks for the city's best happy hour deals featuring light bar bites and cool cocktails.