This Week's Hot Headlines
The lust for a new AstroWorld and Houston's richest families top the week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. A new AstroWorld? Mayor Turner vows to bring amusement park to Houston. The mayor thinks an amusement park would make Houston more appealing for tourism and conventions.
2. This Houston family is the richest in Texas and ranks among the wealthiest in America. The Duncan family's $21.5 billion dollar fortune makes them the richest family in Texas, according to Forbes.
3. Top restaurants slash prices, offer special menus for one of the hottest months of the year. Everyone loves a good deal, especially when it's a $59, four-course meal at Tony's.
4. Dog-friendly Montrose cafe that underwent a reality TV makeover will shutter next week. Not even an appearance on Restaurant Impossible was enough to save Gratifi.
5. Rising star chef joins popular Heights neighborhood restaurant. In addition to hiring former Holley's chef Kenten Marin, Shade also has a new look.