Among the great reads on CultureMap Dallas today?
- Springtown ISD adds insult to injury with gender revision to paddling policy, a thought-provoking perspective on the district's lack of female administrators.
- Just look at these faces: Portraits of Dallas shelter dogs and cats by Sylvia Elzafon, which is easily the cutest thing we've seen all week.
- Like a cruise with brews: Lakewood Brewing Company does Saturday tours, which makes us want to head to the nearest craft beer bar or brewery.
- State Fair of Texas tops our list of must-do events in Dallas this weekend, among a number of other awesome options that almost warrant a MegaBus ticket purchase.
- Ballsy new bar 6th Street Uptown pays tribute to Austin's famous alcoholic avenue, resulting in a merging of ATX experiences in this DFW establishment.