Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. The 14 best new restaurants of 2017 are the Riel deal. This year has seen an incredible number of high-quality new restaurants, but these are our favorites.
2. The 9 best Houston restaurants open for Christmas Day dining. Cleburne Cafeteria, Mastro's Steakhouse, and Kiran's lead our picks of the top places to dine on Christmas Day.
3. This new Heights icehouse welcomes old regulars. Bobcat Teddy's has made Jimmy's Icehouse patrons feel welcome by keeping the same prices for canned and bottled beers.
4. Attention Memorial: More fajitas and tequila are coming your way next week. Levi Goode discusses his new Tex-Mex concept Kitchen & Cantina, which opened its Memorial location this week.
5. The baller boards are back! Chris Shepherd's steakhouse to take over Underbelly. In April, the James Beard Award winner will begin the process to convert Underbelly into Georgia & James, a new steakhouse inspired by One Fifth Steak.