Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Austin-based burger chain unveils 3 Houston-area locations for 2019. Fans of Hat Creek Burger Company will soon be able to visit locations in Katy, Fulshear, and Spring.
2. Houston scores a scandalous top 5 ranking among most sinful U.S. cities. A high rating for "lust" helped propel Houston to a fourth place finish in WalletHub's ranking of America's most sinful cities.
3. Acclaimed Houston hot spot lands on Esquire's best new restaurants list. Known for its eclectic menu, creative cocktails, and welcome atmosphere, it's no surprise that Esquire ranked Nancy's Hustle as the country's third best new restaurant of 2018.
4. 24 most important restaurant and food hall openings in Houston this winter. Two new food halls, a kolache shop with a drive-thru, and lots of burger joints are all coming to Houston in the next few months.
5. Sneak peek: Chinatown chef's new spot serves up Japanese comfort food. Mike Tran's newest project serves udon noodles in both traditional and adventurous preparations.