Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Charming small Texas town provides perfect fall getaway just under 90 minutes from Houston. Our comprehensive guide offers tip for a memorable weekend in Brenham.
2. Galleria-area restaurant's sudden shutter shocks Houston diners. Houston's may be gone, but parent company Hillstone's purchase of a nearby property suggests it might return eventually.
3. New tiny home development in Eastwood is a first for Houston. These one- and two-bedroom homes, each between about 600 and 800 square feet, are packed with amenities for modern living.
4. New outdoor bar lights up West Houston with volleyball and a dog park. The Powder Keg, an outdoor bar with TVs and games, recently opened as part of The Founders District.
5. These 2 Houston suburbs land among the fastest-growing cities in America. Personal finance website WalletHub has crowned Sugar Land and Pearland among the 30 fastest-growing cities in the U.S.