Sporty Snack Stars
Here's a taste of all the delicious snacks on tap for The Tailgate
Attention, sports fans: The Tailgate is almost here. CultureMap Houston's signature sporty event is happening Wednesday, October 25, at Silver Street Studios, and you'll want to be there.
Why? Because even if you aren't a football fanatic, hockey hound, soccer supporter, or basketball and baseball buff, you're probably a big fan of fantastic local food and drinks.
Here's what's on the menu:
- 2023 Tastemaker Awards Best New Restaurant winner Aiko will be serving maguro crudo, which is smoked bluefin tuna with crispy garlic and pickled cucumbers.
- Tastemaker Awards 2020 Best Pizza winner Pizaro’s Pizza Napoletana is bringing fried Alfredo bites.
As a new twist this year, readers will get to vote for their favorite local sports bar in our Ultimate Sports Bar Showdown.
Think of this as sort of like the Sweet 16, where local champs face off in an online tournament. The winner will be revealed at the party, but here's what each eatery is bringing to help sway votes their way:
- pulled oxtail sliders with house-made habanero pickles and Rock Sauce from RockHouse Southern Kitchen
- grilled Phoenix wings and Dancing Beef skewers from The Phoenix on Westheimer
- fried pork ribs tossed in Dragon or barbecue sauce from Quad HTX
- Smash Burger sliders and chicken flautas from FM Kitchen
- Billionaire Burger sliders with Sriracha pimento cheese and beer mustard from Twin Peaks
- bacon-wrapped quail, Thai chili margaritas, and berry lemonade from Patterson Park
- seasoned waffle fries topped with fried chicken bites from The Waffle Bus
- Little Knuckle sandwich and elote street dogs from Good Vibes Coastal Kitchen
- chicken tinga tostadas from Home Run Dugout
- brown rice, kale, chicken, and avocado bowls from Leaf & Grain
- chili-cheese Mazemen noodles from Ramen Tatsu-Ya
- duck leg confit corn dogs and Irish coffee from Wild Concepts
- mini basil beef burgers, mini satay chicken wraps, mini beef drunken hot dogs, and chips and chili dips from M Express Thai Kitchen
- pork and chicken souvlaki, potato and cheese croquettes, and spanakopita from Echoes Cafe
- bespoke boozy ice cream scoops and cocktails from Patra Lee's Kitchen Handcrafted Heritage Ice Cream
To wet your whistle, there will be signature cocktails by Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey and 1800 Tequila — just wait until you taste the QB Crusher and Peach Fizz.
Aside from the concessions, expect game-day activities and fun yard games, plus a spotlight on sports-related nonprofits like Dynamo and Dash Charities and Houston Texans Foundation.
VIP tickets include early admission, a dedicated VIP bar, and a meet and greet with former Houston Texans player Johnathan Joseph. Through October 13, order from this link and receive $10 off VIP tickets. We’ll see you on October 25.