This Week's Hot Headlines
Oxheart's imminent closing and changes at Brasserie 19 top this week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Justin Yu explains why he's closing Houston's best restaurant and what's next. Oxheart will close on March 15 to transform into a new restaurant with an a la carte menu.
2. Longtime general manager departs River Oaks' favorite society hangout, plans new dining future. Shawn Virene has left Brasserie 19 to open his own restaurant.
3. Houston Mexican restaurant makes list of America's 38 most essential eateries. Hugo's joins Franklin Barbecue and Garcia's Mexican Restaurant on Eater's list of America's 38 most essential restaurants.
4. Rapper Gucci Mane shoots steamy music video in Houston's most famous closet. The rapper, along with 30 scantily-clad models and a large production crew, occupied Teresa Roemer's home for 13 hours.
5. With crawfish season just around the corner, popular Cajun restaurant expands to 7th location. BB's Cafe picked the location on Eldridge Parkway for its large patio and potentially large lunch crowd.