Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Bryan Caswell's Montrose Tex-Mex restaurant suddenly shutters. The chef announced on Friday that all outstanding wages had been made paid to the restaurant's former employees.
2. Where to eat in Houston right now: 9 best restaurants serving up something new. One Fifth Gulf Coast, Rosalie Italian Soul, and The Annie Cafe lead this month's picks of new restaurants to try.
3. Innovative Houston bar and pop-up restaurant spot will close its doors. Decatur Bar and Pop-Up Factory's legacy will live on at Politan Row, where chefs Evelyn Garcia and Victoria Elizondo will both have restaurants.
4. 4 Houston restaurant openings to know about right now: Breakfast, burgers, and a cool coffee shop. Our food news roundup includes updates on Tejas Burger Joint and The Toasted Yolk's plans to take the former Kitchen 713 space on Washington Ave.
5. Oporto operators cook up exciting new Anglo-Indian restaurant in The Heights. Da Gama, a new restaurant from Shiva and Rick Di Virgilio, will update the ideas from The Queen Vic with a new focus on wine.