this week's hot headlines
Très chic new River Oaks restaurant heats up week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Très chic River Oaks restaurant opens with French chef cred, stunning space, and must-see Mona Lisa. Diners are flocking to the new restaurant to see its stunning interior design by Nina Magon.
2. Oyster-obsessed New Orleans restaurant suddenly shutters in Montrose. In a Facebook post announcing the closure, the restaurant cited a number of reasons for the unexpected decision.
3. The Rustic's co-owner dishes on his Tex-Mex future, plus our visit to Rumi's. In a lengthy interview, Kyle Noonan shares that the company plans to take both The Rustic and Joe Leo Fine Tex-Mex to locations outside of Texas.
4. Common Bond's French-inspired, full-service restaurant quietly closes downtown. The restaurant has decided to focus on its more popular bistro and On-The-Go locations.
5. Janet Jackson, QOTSA, and Train headline the best concerts in Houston this December. This month offers something for every kind of music fan — naughty or nice..