this week's hot headlines
Texas' next nation-leading population boom leads week's top stories
Editor's note:It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Booming Texas could be the most populated state by 2100, new study finds. California is expected to fall into No. 3, with an estimated population of just under 50.4 million by 2100.
2. Texas Monthly names 4 Houston restaurants to comfort food faves list — we suggest 5 more. The list covers 31 restaurants across the state that have stood the test of time.
3. Houston's Beard-winning Thai restaurant serves up opening date for highly anticipated new locale. The new location will more than double the restaurant's seating capacity.
4. Locally loved coffee shop brews up fifth outpost at bustling west Houston hub. Slowpokes has developed a devoted following thanks to its combination of coffee, beer, and wine that are paired with a diverse food menu.
5. Chris Shepherd's star-studded Southern Smoke Festival fires up record $1.8M, leaving host in tears. More than 60 chefs from across the country served bites at Discovery Green.