This week's hot headlines
Houston's 12 best new restaurants for 2023 heat up week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's best new restaurants for 2023: 12 favorites that keep us coming back for more. These are the places that care about all the little details that make a meal memorable.
2. Norwegian's over-the-top new liner launches Caribbean cruises from Galveston. The ship is a floating resort and entertainment destination with modern design and over-the-top amenities.
3. Global burger joint Shake Shack set to open 3rd drive-thru Houston locale in Bay Area. The Lockhart Link Burger has arrived in the Clear Lake area.
4. Posh Houston oyster spot ices competition on Esquire's 50 best martinis list. The magazine "spent the past few years" researching its favorites.
5. New upscale Japanese restaurant claims former One Fifth space in Montrose. The company behind River Oaks District's all-day cafe have been plans for Montrose.