Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Fort Bend paves the way for more residential and retail with massive new development. Overall, the three phases cover approximately 180 acres and 1 million square feet of space.
2. 5 best new Houston restaurants and shops for cool and creative ice cream. Get some relief from the heat with these sweet treats.
3. Pioneering South African restaurant ends its Houston run and cooks up new Portuguese flair. A restaurant with locations in South Africa and Zambia will open in its place.
4. Harris County explodes in vaccinations after cash incentives. The vaccination rate is up over 500 percent since the program began.
5. Hit Montrose steakhouse absorbs next-door cocktail bar for more seating. Gatsby's has been so successful that it needed more room for dining.