Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Legendary Galveston family's midcentury modern marvel hits market for $2 million. Fans of midcentury modern design will love the bay-front home built for William Lewis “Bill” Moody IV and his wife, Darlene.
2. 10 best new Houston patios for drinking and dining al fresco this spring. As temperatures warm, we visit some of Houston's hottest new patios to savor a bite or sip.
3. Fab and fashionable Houstonians race to Derby soiree at Tilman Fertitta's estate. A fab and fashionable crowd donned their Derby finest for the third annual Hats, Hearts & Horseshoes benefiting Bo’s Place.
4. New tiny cabin vacation homes root 3 hours from Houston for the ultimate getaway. Getaway, a vacation startup, will open its first tiny cabin community just three hours north of Houston.
5. Ken Hoffman gets to the bottom of whether or not Ed Emmett will run for office. Ken Hoffman sizes up former Harris County Judge Ed Emmett's chances of running for the Texas 7th Congressional District in 2020.