This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. NYC's hottest dessert trend has arrived in H-Town: Are you ready for rolled ice cream? The dessert trend that swept New York City in 2015 has arrived in Houston.
2. Best and worst dressed at the Oscars: Red carpet hits and misses. Check the list of standouts and those who should-have-tried-harder at this year's Oscars and see if you agree.
3. Once-beloved 24-hour diner with lots of good memories shutters. The list of Houston restaurants open 24 hours a day got a little shorter.
4. The Band Perry kicks off RodeoHouston with a big surprise, one embarrassing gaffe and lots of fireworks. The popular trio alternated between playing the sincere homegrown melodies that made them a household name and a barrage of jumpy, synthesized pop.
5. Top wedding gown trends: How to find the perfect look for that magical day. Wedding expert Joan Pillow offers her insights on the latest bridal trends and hottest designers.