Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. This under-the-radar Houston neighborhood has it all, real estate experts say. Independence Heights offers affordable homes, lots of inventory, good schools, an easy commute, and relatively low crime, according to Redfin.
2. Rumor no more: Common Bond bringing sweet treats to hot Heights development. The second location of the popular bakery and cafe will open in the Heights Waterworks mixed-use development.
3. Acclaimed EaDo barbecue joint has a new Cypress Hideout. Pitmaster Wesley Jurena is bringing Pappa Charlies Barbeque to Cypress.
4. 14 things to know about Houston dining right now: openings, closings, and 2 million matzo balls. We roundup all the latest news on chefs who've changed jobs, openings and closings people might have missed, and more
5. Newly opened neighborhood cafe brings Southern comforts to EaDo. Currently, Leeland House offers breakfast and lunch, but it will add happy hour and dinner soon.