Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Rumor no more: Heights-based restaurant group's new project opens soon in Montrose. Local restaurant group Agricole Hospitality will open their new restaurant Night Heron in the space previously occupied by Lowbrow.
2. Steakhouse owner saves beloved Memorial-area Italian restaurant. B&B Butcher's owner Ben Berg purchased Italian restaurant Carmelo's, which saves the Memorial-area favorite from closing.
3. Where to eat, drink and party in Houston for New Year's Eve 2018. From nightclubs to night markets, we rounded up the best places to ring in the New Year.
4. 7 spots to brunch on New Year's Day in Houston. Bosscat Kitchen, State Fare, and Hugo's topped our picks for the best places to brunch on January 1.
5. The 12 saddest Houston restaurant closures of 2017. Houstonians will miss restaurants like Triniti, Bernadine's, and Holley's that called it quits in 2017.