Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston tops New York in national critic's rankings of Best Food Cities in America. Houstonians know our city offers great food, and now the rest of the country is learning that, too. Read where Washington Post critic Tom Sietsema ranked Houston on his list of best food cities in America.
2. Behind the scenes details of Caitlyn Jenner's Houston visit: Most fascinating person gets real. 2015's Most Fascinating Person dined and prayed during a surprise visit to the Bayou City.
3. Bam! Emeril Lagasse stirs up the kitchen at Houston restaurant — orders nearly everything on the menu. The famed celebrity chef had a whale of a good time at Reef.
4. Houston's best deli spreading the matzoh ball joy to West University and beyond. Restaurateur Ziggy Gruber spilled details about his new location.
5. Barrels of fun at unique new icehouse bar with 100 whiskeys and bourbon on tap. Get an inside peek at the new Heights-area bar, Eight Row Flint.
6. Charity Challenge spotlight: Working to promote healthy eating habits among children. Recipe for Success if one of 12 deserving nonprofits competing for a grand prize in the CultureMap Charity Challenge as they all raise awareness for worthy causes. You can vote for any of there here.