It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. A different kind of taco joint opens in historic downtown Houston building. Located at the corner of Main Street and Congress, Dizzy Kaktus brings Torchy's-style tacos to downtown.
2. Where to Eat Right Now: 12 hot new restaurants to try in December. This month's list includes Ronnie Killen's new restaurant and three ramen shops.
3. Who will be CultureMap’s 2017 charity partner? That’s up to you as Challenge returns. Voting continues through Sunday.
4. Hay Merchant, Underbelly alums think outside the loop with new Spring Branch bar. When it opens next year, The Branch will bring craft beer and Tex-Mex-inspired bar snacks to Spring Branch.
5. 10 magical Houston-area happenings guaranteed to rev up your holiday spirit. Show visiting family the best of what Houston has to offer with this handy guide.