It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Channel 2's Frank Billingsley goes searching for his birth parents and finds himself. The weatherman's book about his experience debuts October 1 but you can get a copy now.
2. Best new brunches: 8 restaurants that make the weekend special. Provisions, Osso and Kristalla, and FM Kitchen lead this list of new brunch options.
3. Where to Eat Now: 12 new restaurants from veteran chefs, rising stars, and interesting out-of-towners. The pace of restaurant openings has slowed a bit, but places like Roka Akor and the newly revamped Lowbrow are worth checking out.
4. Guests get a taste of the high life at tallest townhouse in Houston. A posh crowd celebrated the unveiling of the Kensington at River Oaks townhome development.
5. Cowboys star Dez Bryant taps Houston barbecue joint to cater huge party. The Pro Bowl wide receiver paid $16,000 to feed Pinkerton's Barbecue to over 1,000 people.