Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone so we’ve rounded up the most popular stories on CultureMap from the last week:
1. Where to Eat Right Now: 10 distinctive new restaurants that are definitely worth a try in June. As part of CultureMap's monthly roundup of the latest and greatest eateries around the city, food editor Eric Sandler profiles 10 can't-miss spots, including upscale butcher shop and steakhouse B&B Butchers and Karbach Brewing Co.'s new restaurant.
2. Love Match or Just Good Friends? J.J. Watt spotted in Paris with beautiful blonde tennis star. In recent weeks, Houston Texans superstar defensive end J.J. Watt has been seen a number of times with Danish tennis pro Caroline Wozniacki, leading some to speculate about a possible romance between the two.
3. After move to $10.5 million River Oaks mansion, Joel Osteen offers Tanglewood land for $1.1 million. Several years after this piece on mega-church pastor Joel Osteen and his move to a multi-million dollar River Oaks mansion first appeared, it remains an extremely popular story.
4. Houston's massive flood and jinxed Montrose location lead the week's top stories. CultureMap recaps the most popular stories of the each week, and last week's edition, which included the torrential downpour and subsequent flooding and the closure of a Montrose restaurant in a seemingly unlucky location scored high.
5. Happy Summer Camper: Inside the Texas camp culture that changed my life. Five years ago, CultureMap staffer Meredith Riddle-Chastang extolled the virtues of summer camp in hopes that the long-time tradition is not lost on today's children living in a digital age — and the story resurfaced just as the season begins.
6. Drink & eat on the cheap: Hot new happy hours deals get the summer rolling. If you're looking for the best happy hour deals around town, contributor Marcy de Luna has you covered with eight of the city's top spots, whether you need an after-work cocktail or a delectable bar snack.