This week's hot headlines
Montrose Tex-Mex breakfast favorite's new Garden Oaks/Oak Forest location leads week's most popular stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Longtime Montrose Tex-Mex breakfast favorite cooks up exciting sister concept in Garden Oaks/Oak Forest. Breakfast tacos — and 7 am margaritas — are coming to the Stomping Grounds development this fall.
2. Sizzling new Shake Shack Sugar Land location revs up with first drive-thru in Texas. It will soon be joined be a second drive-thru location in Katy.
3. Under-the-radar West U. restaurant reboots via new partnership with Local Foods owner. "I’m trying to cook the food that feels correct for me given my path in life,” chef Tony Luhrman says.
4. Shaquille O’Neal invites Houston to join him for his big restaurant opening this weekend. He’ll be joined by Houston Mayor Sylvestor Turner.
5. Houston weather experts forecast when scorching temps will finally cool this week. We know it always gets hot in Houston every summer, but this is extreme even for our standards.