this week's hot headlines
Houston's Veterans Day honors and hottest dining dish lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston Veterans Day events, deals, and meals honor our military heroes. The city honored its veterans with ceremonies and discounts.
2. Acclaimed Houston confectioner's sweet news for chocolate lovers, plus our trip to Clark's Oyster Bar. Chocolatiers Dany Kamkhagi shared the story of his family's growing business.
3. Star Mexican chef's tasty taqueria sets opening date in historic Houston farmers market. The new restaurant makes its own tortillas using heirloom corn that's imported from Mexico.
Comalito opens this week. Courtesy of Comalito
4. Controversial $9B downtown highway project ready to roll after green light. This news comes after years of planning, studying, design and redesigns in effort to address public protests and even a county lawsuit.
5. Rising star chef takes his talents to hotly anticipated new River Oaks restaurant. The chef's resume boasts time working for James Beard Award winners Michael Schlow, Hugo Ortega, and Chris Shepherd.