this week's hot headlines
Houston billionaires Jeffery Hildebrand, Tilman Fertitta, and city's wealthiest lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Local billionaires Jeffery Hildebrand and Tilman Fertitta top list of richest in Houston, per Forbes. The list is a definitive ranking of the wealthiest Americans.
2. Houston earns ridiculous rank in new list of best foodie cities in the U.S.. WalletHub's study looked at more than 180 culinary hotspots from all over the U.S. and ranked them based on 28 different "foodie-friendliness" factors.
3. Ken Hoffman urges Houston to flock to an event that's for the birds, plus readers share ideas for The Dome. Our columnist will emcee Houston Audubon’s annual fundraising event next week.
4. Steely Houston chef beats Bobby Flay in feisty Food Network breakfast battle. His smoked duck chilaquiles earned him the victory.
5. 9 hot Houston food and drink specials to cheer on the Astros big playoff run. If you can't make it to Minute Maid, these restaurants and bar are offering deals during playoff games.