Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. 10 Houston dishes to eat before you die: Greatest culinary hits abound in H-Town. From old standards to new classics, CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler gives you the lowdown on the 10 best dishes the Bayou City has to offer.
2. Houston's 10 hottest happy hours: Drink and eat on the cheap at new spots and old faves. Get the inside scoop on where to get your after-work drink fix with six new happy hours and four freshly-revamped ones.
3. They're perfect! List of best tacos in Texas includes two Houston favorites in Top 10. A new list from Texas Monthly has deemed two of the city's tacos among the 10 best in the state.
4. All-star roster of Houston chefs plan amazing fundraiser dinner for popular foodie. More than a dozen local culinary celebs — including Chris Shepherd and Ronnie Killen — are participating in a dinner to help raise money to offset a local foodie's medical expenses.
5. Now that's really big: Galveston welcomes largest cruise ship to ever set sail from Texas. Find out more about the new 3,634 passenger cruise ship — which features incredible amenities, including an ice skating rink and mini-golf course — that is now sailing out of Galveston.