This Week's Hot Headlines
Midtown's new retro bar and hot restaurant news lead this week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Electric new bar slides into Midtown with feel-good retro vibes. Electric FeelGood, a new bar from the owners of The Dogwood, features an Instagram-friendly look and creative cocktails.
2. New Heights-area restaurant serves up Southern eats and massive patio. With a family-friendly menu of classic Southern-fried favorites, Preslee’s - Southern Good Eatery looks poised to make a splash.
3. Midtown's acclaimed Viet-Cajun restaurant has served its last crawfish. Saigon House may have closed, but chef Tony Nguyen vows to return to the kitchen soon.
4. Nationally acclaimed ice cream shop picks The Heights for first Houston location. Jeni Britton Bauer tells CultureMap that being near Ford Fry and Justin Yu helped convince her to open an ice cream shop in The Heights.
5. These are the roads to avoid during heavy rainfall in Houston. Our content partner ABC13 compiled this list of dozens of intersections and underpasses to avoid when a storm like Imelda floods the city.