Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston restaurant skewered on social media for touting Jeff Sessions visit. El Tiempo ignited a social media firestorm when it posted a photo of chef Domenic Laurenzo with the Attorney General.
2. 10 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and a top shelf margarita steal. Our news roundup includes the sudden shuttering of Ula's, Spicy Girl's plans to expand, and an update on Aqui.
3. West Houston neighborhood restaurant finally reopens following Harvey shutter. Almost a year after Harvey filled his restaurant with four feet of water, Vahid Navissi has finally reopened Cafe Benedicte.
4. Exciting and charming new Heights restaurant uncorks savvy wine list and upscale dining options. In a CultureMap exclusive, former Tiny Boxwood's director of operations Brian Doke revealed his plans to open Savoir, a wine-driven new restaurant in the Heights.
5. Day for Night festival co-founder Omar Afra ousted following assault accusations. With its executive director removed by the festival's creditors, the future of Day for Night is in doubt.