This Week's Hot Headlines
Where to eat right now and downtown's new chef hall lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 best new restaurants serving up July sizzle. Squable, 1751 Sea & Bar, and MAD lead our picks for new restaurants to try this month.
2. Sneak peek: Downtown Houston's highly anticipated food hall opens for business. The opening of Bravery Chef Hall brings five new restaurants and three new bars to Market Square.
3. 6 ways to avoid being scammed by a Houston food festival. Before plunking down some hard-earned money on a ticket to a food festival, get answers to these questions to evaluate whether it's likely to be well-run.
4. Splashy new app with cool pools for rent dives into Houston. Use Swimply to find a refreshing pool to rent for just $40 to $125 an hour.
5. Ken Hoffman warns of the dangers looming in Houston dog parks. Our columnist explains why a dangerous encounter at the Officer Lucy Dog Park means he'll avoid all dog parks forever.