This Week's Hot Headlines
Sculptor's tragic death, best sushi restaurants and new Sugar Land eatery lead this week's top stories
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Jesús Moroles, creator of beloved Houston granite sculpture, is killed in auto accident. Fans of the renowned Texas-born sculptor, whose granite Houston Police Officers Memorial in Buffalo Bayou Park is one of the city's most revered works of art, were shocked and saddened to hear of his death.
2. Houston's 10 best sushi restaurants: One stands above the rest, but lots of fine choices abound. Food editor Eric Sandler compiled a comprehensive list of Houston's stand-out spots for sushi, so let the debate begin.
3. Duo figures out what Sugar Land wants: Restaurant and cocktail bar rolled into one looks like another winner. The Ginger Mule Tonics & Meals, host to craft cocktails and hearty comfort food, is the newest addition to Sugar Land Town Square from two restaurateurs who have been successful in the Houston suburb.
4. Houston declared the second most overvalued housing market in the U.S., but is it a bubble? The Bayou City is an overvalued housing market in the U.S. this year, surpassed by only one Texas city, according to a new report from Forbes.
5. Want to rent a nice apartment in Houston? Then you need to make this much money. To afford living alone in a median-priced apartment in Houston takes a lot of money, but not as much as some other cities.