This Week's Hot Headlines
Madonna's Houston digs, NYC workouts and barbecue news lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Madonna makes swank hotel home while her dancers hit rockin' club with surgical masks. Read all about the Queen of Pop's stay at one of Houston's most luxurious hotels during her recent tour stop at Toyota Center.
2. SoulCycle kicks into high gear with Houston classes — for 3 days only. The culty New York-based high-intensity cycling class arrives in the Bayou City for three days only, courtesy of Target.
3. Ousted pitmaster brings Franklin Barbecue pedigree to downtown beer garden. Find out about the respected local pitmaster's plans to take his barbecue expertise to a soon-to-open downtown destination.
4. Famed Ritz Paris set to reopen with new level of luxury after 3-1/2-year renovation. Get the scoop on the massive renovations at the opulent Paris hotel that's been hosting discriminating travelers for 114 years.
5. What $1,500 in rent will get you in 12 U.S. cities: Houston fares well in apartment survey. See how the cost of living in Houston compares to some of the nation's major cities, according to the results of a new survey.