With its highly anticipated opening night just days away, Rooftop Cinema Club — the first rooftop movie experience in Houston — is announcing a new schedule and a family program that’s a first for the chain.
Houston’s Rooftop Cinema Club is set to open Wednesday, October 3 at BLVD Place (1700 Post Oak Blvd.) in Uptown — and is already nearly sold out for the month. To keep up with the growing local demand, the chain is unveiling its first ever kid-friendly program, Rooftop Cinema Kids Club, plus a November lineup that doubles the number of currently available films.
Tickets for November go on sale at noon, Monday, October 1 and will be available online.
Two different movies will be shown back-to-back on the same night to give fans the option for a later start time and a wider range of movies. Double screenings are scheduled in November every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (excluding Thanksgiving).
With Kids Club, parents and children ages three and up can catch an outdoor flick, and nosh on hot dogs via resident food vendor, Good Dog, each Thursday in November. This is the first child-friendly program for the chain that boasts locations in London, New York, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Much like the October lineup, fans can expect the same level of curated films throughout the month that include a variety of popular themes: Rooftop Classics, Women in Film, Totally ’80s, Texas Forever, Musicals, and fan favorites Ryan Gosling and Tim Curry.
Rooftop Cinema Club will also be celebrating anniversaries for movie classics such as Grease (40th), Beetle Juice (30th), and The Big Lebowski (20th). Adult fans can also expect handcrafted hot dogs and other fare from Good Dog, plus craft beer and cocktails from the Rooftop bar.
Here is the November lineup, with its new double screenings and features just for kids. Visit the Rooftop Cinema site for more information.
- November 1 – Hocus Pocus
- November 2 – 10 Things I Hate About You
- November 2 – Mean Girls
- November 3 – Beetle Juice
- November 3 – Leon the Professional
- November 6 – Pulp Fiction
- November 7 – Raiders of the Lost Ark
- November 8 – Toy Story
- November 8 – Pretty Woman
- November 9 – The Princess Bride
- November 9 – Dirty Dancing
- November 10 – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- November 10 – The Big Lebowski
- November 13 – Varsity Blues
- November 14 – The Big Chill
- November 15 – The Lion King
- November 15 – The Breakfast Club
- November 16 – The Greatest Showman
- November 16 – Grease
- November 17 – Mamma Mia!
- November 17 – Selena
- November 20 – Casablanca
- November 21 – Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
- November 24 – Drive
- November 24 – The Notebook
- November 27 – Top Gun
- November 28 – Fried Green Tomatoes
- November 29 – Incredibles 2
- November 29 – Clueless
- November 29 – Clue
- November 29 – The Rocky Horror Picture Show