this week's hot headlines
2 Houston eateries on Robb Reports' best new restaurants list and local Broadway star lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 2 top Houston eateries reserve spots on Robb Report's prestigious best new restaurants list. The two restaurants are in prestigious company on the magazine's list.
2. Standout Houston-born Broadway star shines as Best Actor nominee in Tony Awards. The HSPVA alum earned a nomination for Best Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical for his performance in Shucked.
3. Power group behind Clé and Spire buys Heights party palace with plans for wild Wednesdays and more. The deal was a "no-brainer" for the growing hospitality company.
4. Rising Dallas-based soufflé restaurant opens in bustling Woodlands development. The new location replaces Rise’s original Houston-area outpost that closed in 2020.
5. Elegant supper club and upscale dining restaurant tunes up big comeback in Briargrove. The restaurant offers live music nightly courtesy of the Tighten Up Band.