This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Historic Houston Tex-Mex restaurant picks Fulshear for third location. By announcing plans to open in Fulshear, Molina's Cantina fulfilled a promise it made when the Washington Avenue location closed last year.
2. Beloved Montrose brunch institution shutters after fire. After being damaged by fire, Baba Yega will be closed for awhile.
3. New book reveals hidden life of legendary Houston trauma surgeon. I’m Dr. Red Duke features never-before-seen photographs and rare insight into Houston’s most famous trauma surgeon.
4. Acclaimed Montrose restaurant launching new, tiki-inspired concept in 2019. The Toasted Coconut, a tiki-inspired bar and restaurant from the team behind Nobie's, will open in Montrose this spring.
5. Iconic Houston art and sacred space will close in 2019. The Rothko Chapel will close March 4 through the winter of 2019 for renovation as part of its Opening Spaces capital project.