Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's most spectacular winter light shows dazzle for the holidays. Our roundup offers a dozen options for displays that will kindle the holiday spirit.
2. Downtown's original shopping destination announces major makeover. The changes will connect the mall to Discovery Green and other nearby attractions.
3. Ambitious new Houston BBQ joint fires up EaDo with smoked meats and massive patio. Houston's newest barbecue joint has the facility and the talent to become a smoked meat destination.
4. Houston's busiest patio spot serves up massive new location in The Woodlands. Kirby Ice House's newest outpost will feature a 141-foot long bar, claimed to be the longest bar in Texas.
5. Celebrity-backed hot chicken restaurant debuts first Inner Loop location. The California-based restaurant's new Midtown location is the second of at least seven it plans to open in H-Town.