This Week's Hot Headlines
Chicken sandwich love and landmark River Oaks mansion lead this week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 6 Houston fried chicken sandwiches better than anything at Popeyes or Chick-fil-A. Popeyes may have sold out of chicken sandwiches, but these Houston restaurants are still serving up tasty meals.
2. River Oaks modern masterpiece artfully ascends to market at $4.6 million. The three-story, 8,000-square-foot home showcases exactly what it means to have a River Oaks address.
3. Where to eat in Houston right now: 11 best new restaurants for August. This month's list of new restaurants to try includes Loch Bar, Bravery Chef Hall, and Sweetgreen.
4. New Heights restaurant uncorks eclectic and elegant wine list and menu. Proprietor Brian Doke shared details about Savoir, his exciting new restaurant that just opened in The Heights, and its companion wine bar La Grande Rue.
5. Houston Tex-Mex restaurant sizzles with new Tanglewood flagship location. Now open in the former Ciao Bello space, Houtson's fifth Los Tios features an interior designed by Aaron Rambo (Local Foods, The Classic).