This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Time magazine names Houston restaurant to World's Greatest Places list. Indigo, the 13-seat tasting menu restaurant devoted to "neo-soul food," is just one of seven restaurants in America to make the magazine's list.
2. 11 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and people on the move. The world of Houston restaurants moves pretty fast, but we'd never let CultureMap readers miss anything they need to know.
3. Beloved River Oaks restaurant temporarily closes after small fire. Backstreet Cafe only closed for one day after a fire damaged part of its kitchen.
4. These are the 7 best food and drink events in Houston this week. This week's events included chef collaborations, barbecue pop-ups, and a massive grand opening celebration.
5. Houston celebrities unwrap 'famous' sandwiches for good cause. Who cares about Popeyes versus Chick-fil-A when Bun B has created a fried chicken sandwich for Antone's Famous Po' Boys?