This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. First look: Brasserie 19 owners go for "relaxed elegance" at Houston's hottest new restaurant. Get the inside scoop on the new Upper Kirby restaurant from Clark/Cooper Concepts, known for popular spots Brasserie 19 and Coppa Osteria.
2. Houston Restaurant Weeks lineup: 11 newcomers definitely worth a try. With Houston Restaurant Weeks starting on August 1, check out these favorite new spots included in the annual prix fixe menu event. It's a top story for the second week in a row.
3. Airline launches flash sale for great deals on fall travel in the USA and abroad. Southwest Airlines' sale on one-way domestic and international flights makes planning an upcoming getaway even easier.
4. Where to see and be seen: 10 hot spots to play it cool when Houston temps are soaring. Check out which of the city's coolest locales made the cut for Shelby Hodge's list of the best places to see and be seen this summer.
5. Sneak peek: Eagerly anticipated Midtown restaurant sets opening date and reveals menu. Get a first look at one of Houston's most eagerly anticipated restaurants, a concept from the owners of Kata Robata with a menu inspired by Asian street food.