Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Hot new Houston downtown nightclub rocks the party underground. Styled as a billionaire's basement, Base brings an upscale atmosphere to Houston's nightlife scene.
2. Groundbreaking Indian restaurant will shutter after 18 years in Montrose. Two years after being sold to new owners, Indika will serve its last meal on June 30, but a new restaurant will take its place in July.
3. Iconic Houston seafood restaurant reopens after Harvey closure. Two years after a flooded dining room forced its closure, chef Bryan Caswell has reopened Reef.
4. Star chef bolts New York City and plots new Houston restaurant. The race for the best new restaurant of 2020 is on now that chef Aaron Bludorn has said au revoir to Café Boulud and bonjour to a future in Houston.
5. Cult favorite burger joint brings the sizzle to the Galleria area with new location. Diane and Willet Feng are bringing a bigger, better version of burger-chan to a Galleria-area office building.