This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Here's how long Galveston's surprising crystal clear water will last. The picture-perfect water won't last long, but it's making for spectacular beach photographs.
2. These are the 5 best Houston neighborhoods to buy right now, according to the experts. Homes in these hot 'hoods are flying off the market at near record pace, say local realtors.
3. 6 can't-miss restaurant openings, plus the latest Houston food news. The debut of restaurants such as Padna Cajun Eatery, Cantina Barba, and Flying Pho led our latest food news roundup.
4. Beloved Houston chef unveils highly anticipated new restaurant in Lazybrook/Timbergrove neighborhood. We got the inside scoop on newly-opened restaurant La Vista 101 from owner Greg Gordon, executive chef J.D. Woodward, and general manager Jeb Stuart.
5. Where to drink right now: 10 new Houston happy hours to start summer right. From $5 wines by-the-glass at Postino to $8 cocktails at Willie G's, our latest happy hour guide offers something for everybody.