This Week's Hot Headlines
Uber's threat to leave and a new pizza shop top this week's headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Uber threatens exit over fingerprint rules, Mayor says no compromise on public safety. After the technology company published a letter threatening to exit the Houston market unless regulations regarding background checks are amended, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner fired back.
2. Popular pizza truck gets a brick and mortar home thanks to newly launched restaurant group. Pi Pizza Truck will realize its long-standing goal of opening a brick and mortar restaurant thanks to Lee Ellis's newly launched company, Cherry Pie Hospitality.
3. Houston Texans cheerleader shares her secrets for staying fit and her playlist. Antonieta practices the styles of Muay Thai and Krav Maga to help her stay in shape for game day, and her playlist of workout favorites will keep anyone motivated.
4. Houston's newest burgers feature serious chef talent and genius ingredients. Oxheart isn't usually associated with hamburgers, but one of the restaurant's former sous chefs has a new restaurant that's making a splash in Greenway Plaza's food court.
5. River Oaks Boulevard mansion plays host to some of the chicest parties in town. When the owner of The Webster comes to town, her visit must be acknowledged with a bash at the River Oaks mansion of billionaire money manager Fayez Sarofim.