Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Dynamic team behind 2 hot Houston restaurants serves up new Italian eatery. The team behind popular restaurants The Union Kitchen and Jax Grill are building on their success in Cypress by opening a new Italian concept.
2. Heartthrob Ricky Martin lives la vida loca in RodeoHouston debut. The pop sensation serenaded an adoring RodeoHouston crowd.
3. New speakeasy-style steakhouse sizzles in Heights favorite restaurant. The Heights finally has that long-awaited true steakhouse.
4. New Mexican restaurant blooms with 'treehouse getaway' vibes in Buffalo Bayou Park. Grant Cooper is bringing Mexican vibe to a chandelier-adorned space.
5. Houston's homebuilding powerhouse announces new CEO. Perry Homes has a new — but familiar — face in its executive leadership.