Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Downtown's newest 'speakeasy' serves up fancy cocktails and posh interior. Reservations are required to experience this intimate lounge.
2. Chris Shepherd calls off plans to open a casual cocktail bar in Montrose. The chef's decision not to go forward with the project means a highly desirable space is available for a new operator.
3. Surprise shakeup sees founders depart exciting East End cocktail bar. Chef Danny Leal has taken over as general manager.
4. The RodeoHouston 2022 guide to parking and transportation. Parking on-site costs $20, but lots of other options are available.
5. Top Chef's big Houston premiere stirs up 2 tasty events this week. Expect more watch parties as the season goes along.