This Week's Hot Headlines
New cocktail bar, Houston's cost of living and hot restaurant openings lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Restaurant group reveals plans to open ambitious cocktail bar that's just ducky. Treadsack, the Heights-based restaurant group that opened Johnny's Gold Brick, Hunky Dory, Foreign Correspondents and Bernadine's last year, has an exciting cocktail bar in the works for 2016.
2. How much salary do you need to live comfortably in Houston? You'd be surprised. A recent report from Finder looked at 78 U.S. cities to determine what income level is required to live comfortably in that area.
3. Houston's 10 most-anticipated bar and restaurant openings of winter 2016 see out of towners arrive and locals expand. Get the inside scoop on the hot bars and restaurants that Houstonians will be talking about this year.
4. Classic Galveston restaurant shakes up chef roster, death knell for private club. Find out more about the recent changes made in the kitchen at one of Texas's most iconic restaurants.
5. Heights gelato shop partners with top Chicago pizzeria to import authentic deep-dish delights. The popular gelato shop Gelazzi is broadening their horizons by serving up tasty and authentic Chicago-style pizzas.