Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Bizarre Houston murder mystery twists revealed in Dateline episode. The story of Houston couple Jaime and Sandra Melgar got a true crime treatment last week.
2. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 new restaurants to warm up your January. Nancy's Hustle, Doris Metropolitan, and Maison Pucha Bistro lead CultureMap's picks for Houston's hottest new restaurants.
3. Rumor no more: Common Bond bringing sweet treats to hot Heights development. Johnny Carrabba and business partner George Joseph are bringing the bakery and cafe to the Heights Waterworks development.
4. Mr. and Mrs. MVP: Inside George Springer's lavish wedding. The Astros outfielder and fiancée Charlise Castro tied the knot with a lavish ceremony at The Resort of Pelican Hill in Newport Beach, California.
5. Sneak peek: Hotly anticipated Midtown beer and wine bar opens its doors. Holman Draft Hall has debuted in Midtown with 100 taps, a massive covered patio, and high quality food.