It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston Restaurant Weeks lineup revealed: 11 newcomers worth a try. HRW doesn't being until August 1, but diners are already making their plans.
2. Rumor no more: Plans for 10 new restaurants in downtown Houston revealed. The Houston First Corporation revealed the range of its plans to bring four new restaurants to the George R. Brown Convention Center and six total dining concepts to the new Marriott Marquis.
3. Where to Eat Right Now: 10+ new restaurants for July include steakhouses and three pizza palaces. Food editor Eric Sander's picks sure are popular.
4. Blue Bell's first new flavor combines two classics in one scoop. The combination seems so obvious that it's amazing no one has thought of it before.
5. Surprises and snubs for Houston on Texas Monthly's list of top 50 burgers in Texas. Eight Houston burger joints are on the list but there are some surprising omissions.