The Downtown District presents Movies at Market Square Park
The Downtown District hosts free film screenings under the stars on select weeknights during the spring and summer. Blankets and lawn chairs are encouraged.
Schedule of films:
- March 9: Wayne’s World - Two slacker friends try to promote their public-access cable show.
- April 12: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - Oceanographer Steve Zissou and his crew embark on a journey to hunt down a mythical shark that killed his partner.
- May 24: Batman - The caped crusader of Gotham City protects his city from the clownishly homicidal Joker.
- June 28: Pretty in Pink - A poor girl must choose between the affections of her doting childhood sweetheart and a rich but sensitive playboy.
- July 26: Stand by Me - After the death of a friend, a writer recounts a boyhood journey to find the body of a missing boy.
- August 24: Field of Dreams - An Iowa corn farmer, hearing voices, interprets them as a command to build a baseball diamond in his fields; he does, and the 1919 Chicago White Sox come.
- September 6: School of Rock - An overly enthusiastic guitarist poses as a substitute teacher at an elite private elementary school, only to try and turn it into a rock band.
- October 17: The Addams Family - A macabre family bands together against a greedy mother-son con team trying to steal their fortune.
- November 9: Meet the Parents - A male nurse meets his girlfriend’s parents before proposing, but her suspicious father is every date’s worst nightmare.