The Ultimate Guide to Fashion's Night Out from Rice Village to The Woodlands &more
Fashion's Night Out fever is spreading.
Over the past four years, The Galleria has been the epicenter of Houston’s FNO festivities, but Thursday the party is stretching from Rice Village to The Woodlands. It’s party-hopping at its finest for the kickoff of fashion’s big week.
The party at West Ave hosted by CultureMap is expected to be so big that parking on the premises is at a premium. Shuttles will be available to transport guests from 3440 Richmond to Fashion on the Avenue for a night of fashion shows, designer appearances, live entertainment and cocktails. Things get going 7 p.m. at Tootsies and the fashion show kicks off at 8:30. If you’ve been impatiently waiting to show off your new fall(ish) wardrobe, tonight is definitely the opportunity.
- Celebrity models on the FNO runway
- Designer appearance by jewelry designer Shelly Kidney of BuJu
- Funky Fresh DJ and Entertainment
- In-store steals and Gifts with purchase
- Fashion Photo Shoots
- Mini Makeovers
- Get your glam FNO fix at The Do Bar, where pink bubbly and free conditioning treatments with a signature DO appointment are the perfect precursor to a night of high style.
Fashion’s Night Out at The Galleria is frenetic fashion at its best. Zipping from one retailer to the next for a haute time, sipping cocktails, scooping up deals, double-checking nobody else is wearing your same dress—it’s enough to make you stuff your stilettos with Dr. Scholls.
ICE at The Galleria is once again the site of the high-energy fashion show, visible from around the rink, so if you didn’t get an invitation, find a spot on the perimeter for the 9 p.m. start. You can take in that show, which includes an appearance by designer Catherine Deane, as well as hit the more that 50 stores in on the FNO action. There are champagne, deals and music at all the stores, but these caught our eye:
- Bottega Veneta is pre-launching an eco-friendly bag that was introduced for the Resort 2012/13 Collection, releasing just 100 of the bags for FNO.
- Chanel introduces a FNO collection of matching lip and nail duos in berry and plum shades, only available at Chanel boutiques.
- True Religion debuts its Coated Denim Collection with pieces for men and women, plus gift with purchase.
- Macy’s on Hidalgo gets a jump on the FNO fetes, kicking off events at 5:30 p.m. on the second floor of the store. The very fashionable duo of Lenny Matuszewski and Rebecca Spera host a fall fashion show styled by Houston’s The Little Black Dress Project designers Erik Tovar, Lindsey Halpin and Jose Saucedo. There’s a Bubbly Bar, makeovers, a Beauty Nail Bar, an interactive photo booth and other FNO fun until 9 p.m.
- Neiman Marcus brings Catherine Deane, whose gown are red-carpet stunners on Beyonce, Fergie and Selena Gomez, for a Fall Trend Fashion Presentation during the store’s Art of Fashion campaign. The FNO party from 6-8 p.m. includes art installations by the Houston Fine Art Fair, bites, cocktails and nail art and a braid bar.
- On the other end of The Galleria, Saks Fifth Avenue teams ip with GQ for an Authentic Denim preview, plus bites, sips, live entertainment, a photo booth, nail bar and makeup touch-ups. We recommend heading to the La Labo Lounge and meet Fabrice Penot, the fragrance rebel-with-a-cause founder of Le Labo Fragrances. His story and scent collection are not to be missed. Also George Carr presents Carr Men collection at 6 p.m. in the men's department on the third floor.
If there ever was an area of Houston primed for a boutique crawl its Rice Village. Kicking one off on Fashion’s Night Out? Well, that just makes sense.
DAO Chloe DAO, Elaine Turner, Premium Goods, The Class Room, Soho, Langford Market, Myth & Symbol and Joseph Keith Jewelry are teaming up for the night out hosting parties, offering discounts and giveaways throughout the night. Hit all eight boutiques, get your FNO card punched and earn rewards for future shopping trips.
Fashion's Night Out at the Court of St. Anne
That cute cloister of shops off Persa is holding its own FNO party. Cakewalk Style Shop, Pomp & Circumstance and Tweak Boutique are truly going out—as in out in the courtyard for their fun. From 6-8 p.m. pop by for sips, bites, music, deals and shopping.
The Woodlands Mall and Market Street
The Woodlands Mall and Market Street in The Woodlands are both in the FNO mix. The Woodlands Mall is hosting a fashion show featuring fall and holiday collections from retailers, plus swag bags for the first 150 people who slip into show seats. Over at Market Street, look for fashion shows from the center’s retailers every half hour, plus in-store events and swag bags.
Allen Edmonds River Oaks, Bath Junkie, Rebecca & Drew and Twice New are all throwing their own little soirees for FNO offering deals and sips.